• Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans
• Tulane University Hospital, New Orleans
• Charity Hospital, New Orleans
• Neurovascular Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
• American Board of Neurological Surgery
• Congress of Neurological Surgery • Board member, Foundation for International Education in Neurological Surgery • Chairman, membership committee, AANS/CNS Section of Cerebrovascular Surgery • Acoustic Neuroma Association
• Robert Dawson, M.D. • John Steck, M.D. • John Freiberg, M.D. • Michael Puente, M.D.
• Chairman, LSU Dept. of Neurosurgery; David G. Kline Professorship of Neurosurgery
Frank Culicchia M.D. can best be described as a modern day trailblazer. As medical director of Culicchia Neurological Clinic, Dr. Culicchia is building upon a legacy of neurocare that his father, Carl Culicchia M.D., started over forty years ago. Under Frank’s leadership, the clinic has grown to become one of the largest neurological and neurosurgical practices in the region. Following Hurricane Katrina, LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans looked to Dr. Culicchia for leadership and appointed him clinical professor and chairman of the department of neurosurgery. Dr. Culicchia helped open the door for LSU medical residents to train at West Jefferson Medical Center in the aftermath of the storm. Culicchia Neurological Clinic and West Jefferson continue that valued academic relationship with LSU today. He was recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a top neurosurgeon and is proud to lead the West Jeff neurosurgery team that was ranked among the top 10% in the U.S. by HealthGrades in 2012. He was named a 2013 Healthcare Hero by New Orleans CityBusiness. “Our patients benefit from being treated by physicians that are not only dedicated private practitioners but many are also involved in cutting-edge research at LSU Health Sciences Center,” Dr. Culicchia says. “Our physicians are able to keep abreast of developments in the field and share that with our patients and the LSU residents working side by side with us. It is especially gratifying to train the neurosurgeons of tomorrow.” Dr. Culicchia is a graduate of Tulane University School of Medicine and completed a general internship at Charity Hospital in New Orleans where he was named outstanding intern. He completed a neurosurgery residency at Tulane University Hospital and remains a clinical associate professor of Neurological Surgery at Tulane Medical School. Dr. Culicchia completed a fellowship at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Neurovascular Surgery in Phoenix, Arizona. He is certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Save time on your visit!
Download, print, and fill out completely the following forms:
- PATIENT HISTORY
Enjoy these benefits with your FREE account:
- Request appointments online
- Renew your medications
- Ask us a question
- Receive secure messages from our practice