• Tulane University, New Orleans, LA – Bachelor of Science, Biology
• Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
Internal Medicine Internship:
• Ochsner Foundation Hospital, New Orleans, LA
• University of Texas, Southwestern, Dallas, TX
• American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
• Clinical Assistant Professor, Neurology, Tulane University School of Medicine
• Clinical Assistant Professor, Neurology, LSU Health Sciences Center
Frequently Treated Problems:
• Confusional States
• Steven T. Atkins, M.D.
• R. Charles Fiore Jr., M.D.
• Michael Puente, M.D.
• Walter Truax, M.D.
Today, Dr. Puente is a leading neurologist at Culicchia Neurological Clinic. He serves as Medical Director of the West Jefferson Medical Center Stroke Unit. Dr. Puente says diet plays a big role in the health issues we face today. “We think the high incidence of stroke has to do with our lifestyles,” Puente says. “That involves unhealthy foods, creamy sauces, fried foods, fatty foods, and the high rate of cigarette smoking, as well. We do our best to try to make people aware of the risk factors.”
Dr. Puente says Culicchia Neurological Clinic has an active interest in vascular disease and is involved in various clinical studies for treatment of stroke. “One very important aspect of this clinic that differentiates us from other neurological groups in this area is that we have a multi-specialty neurological approach, meaning we have neurologists, neurosurgeons and interventional neuroradiologists all on staff so we can handle all aspects of cerebral vascular disease.”